Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Al-Azhar Park, Cairo, Egypt

LAM had an article this month about Al-Azhar Park,  the beautiful new greenspace in the middle of the old city of Cairo Egypt.  The article was written by none other than Hala Nassar, my former professor and the person who took me, along with a group of students, to Cairo to work on a project three years ago.  We toured the park during that trip and it really is well designed and actively used.  What I really love about this park is the textural contrast between the lush, verdant interior and the surrounding urban fabric, which is the color of desert sands and is rich with layers of history and culture.
I took a lot of pictures of my own that day, which I am posting here because they not only show the nice public spaces of the park, but also the lovely Egyptian people. 

The article in LAM can be found at this link:

http://www.zinio.com/reader.jsp?issue=416163142&o=ext&RF=LAM_April2011

























 






No comments:

Post a Comment